The search for best Yoga mats that are extra thick, extra long, made of natural fiber (cotton yoga mats), are eco-friendly, anti-slip/anti-skid, anti-odor, and perfect for hot yoga sessions ends here. Read on to find more:
These Yoga mats are handwoven by our partner master artisans using organic cotton. These yoga mats have been woven over a period of three days and are sweat absorbent. They can be easily washed and last much longer than plastic or silicone mats. They get softer with use and are still sturdy.
*These yoga mats are anti slip/anti skid/ non-slip/non-skid/, basically slip free, all thanks to the naturally handwoven patterns. The more you practice, the more you sweat, the more sturdier they get.
* Our mats come in three finishes - with natural rubber coating at the back, with cotton felt anti skid rubber dotted backing and a mat without any anti skid backing (which is all natural and most sustainable option). The natural rubber is derived from plantations Kerala, India and the coating process is done manually to ensure these beautiful cotton rugs are sturdier when you practice on hard surfaces and flooring. The natural rubber surface of the mat is slightly yellowish in texture and such mats require hand-wash/gentle wash to ensure longevity of the coating.
ABOUT THE FINISHING:
There are three options available:
1. An all natural mat with no anti skid backing. These mats work well for carpeted areas. Excellent option if you want a completely natural, traditional cotton yoga rug with no latex/natural rubber. Specially good if you are sensitive to even slightest smell of rubber (even if it is natural without any chemicals)
2. Natural rubber coating: We use natural rubber to render an anti skid backing to our mats. The backing is all natural rubber and is free from any chemicals. The only downside being like all natural products the coating wears off after some time/usage/wash.
* We make UNISEX products and being from the land of Yoga, we know how important it is to have a mat that provides you the right space to practice. Therefore, we weave our mats longer and wider 28” x 80”. We are yet to find mats that can compete with ours on size.
* Abhinehkrafts mats are adaptable and works well for most styles of yoga : Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Bikram, Hot Yoga, Kundalini, Yin, Prenatal, Restorative, Anusara and Vini-yoga. Even for normal fitness routines, or meditation sessions, we can recommend our mats. Cotton is a natural biodegradeable material unlike microfiber which most yoga towels are made of. The washing of microfiber has been linked to the cause of massive plastic pollution to our oceans, air and drinking water. Therefore, when you do Yoga or meditation, you can feel the work of natural fibers and real craftsmen ship.
* These mats can be used for both indoor and outdoor practices. They weigh only 1600 Grams and are easy to carry.
* Each mat comes in a small carry bag (made of organic cotton)
* The knotted patterns woven on the mat renders firmer grip while practicing postures.
* We recommend using our mats with our handwoven organic cotton blankets ( also available at our shop) for an additional comfort during practice.
* Wash care: Machine Washable on gentle cycle. Loves good sun.
Made with Love & Care in India by Abhinehkrafts
To see more of our work and other lovely products, visit our
Etsy Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Abhinehkrafts